Just when you thought you'd had enough of natural hair products, including natural hair growth products, you start noticing snow on your shoulders. Only, it's not snow; it's your flaky scalp shedding dead skin cells! Did you know that organic hair care products are a great way to fight a flaky scalp? However, there are also other ways you can stop snow falling on your shoulders.
Why do I have a flaky scalp?
Flaky scalp can be caused by several culprits. Hair products with bad chemical ingredients may cause residue to build up on your scalp, causing scalp inflammation, soreness, itching and eventually a flaky scalp. Other culprits includes weather changes, stressful life and health issues.
Scientists are still pretty skeptical about the causes of dandruff. Hormones can be a huge suspect since dandruff seems to peak in teenagers. However, you should also know that a type of yeast that grows on your scalp may also play a role, but that isn't certain either.
A dry or flaky scalp may also be inherited, and your parents are to thank for that!
In addition to all that, if you're using a hair growth product that doesn’t fall into the category of ‘natural hair growth products,’ you may have your culprit right there.
Other reasons you might have a flaky scalp include:
- Using chemically loaded hair products instead of natural hair products and organic hair care products. Chemically loaded products are definitely a no-go!
- Not shampooing enough or too often. You need a balance!
- Not rinsing out all of the shampoo residue that is in your hair. Rinse, rinse, rinse!
- Skin conditions such as scalp psoriasis and eczema.
- Chilly or dry weather.
- Skin allergies.
- Anxiety and stress. It’s time you purge yourself from all the negativities in your life.
- An adverse reaction to hair products. You know the drill: use natural hair products only!
Here’s how you can fight a flaky scalp!
Scientists are yet to find a permanent venue for dandruff, However, what you can do is try out different methods to keep dandruff and a flaky scalp at bay.
Firstly, stop using chemical based hair products and switch over to natural or vegan based ingredients. A large percentage of people react to chemicals in hair care products but are not aware. A simple switch could be the beginning of eliminating your dandruff woes. Replenhair hair products are handmade and uses natural ingredients to make their products. You may want to give it a try or any other natural hair products on the market.
For the best results, it would be best if you applied the shampoo to your scalp for a few minutes before showering. For an anti-dandruff shampoo to work wonders on your flaky scalp, you need it to be in contact with your scalp for a while. You don't need to apply the shampoo on all of your hair; applying the shampoo to your scalp only will do the job.
We’d also recommend organic hair care products such as Rice bran hair oil, Coconut rice hair oil or Aloe rice hair oil to soothe the skin on your scalp. To do this, massage your head with the organic hair care product at night and don't rinse it off until morning. When the sun rises, you can rinse the natural hair product (the oil) off since, by then, it must have gotten ample time to penetrate your scalp. Goodbye flaky scalp!
Tips to combat dandruff
- Washing your hair frequently helps to get rid of flakes from your scalp. Depending on the person and lifestyle, you may need to wash your hair once or twice weekly. Try Replenhair Aloe Rice Shampoo for starters.
- If your dandruff persists, try seeking an anti dandruff shampoo and if that doesn't work, seek professional help. Once you've seen a reduction scales and flakes, you can alternate between regular shampoo and the anti dandruff for a healthy balance.
- DO NOT TOUCH: Scratching an itchy flaky scalp may feel divine but it can actually make the problem much worse. What's more, it can even lead to bleeding, sore scalp and inflamed hair follicles which contributes to hair loss.
Can a flaky scalp lead to hair loss?
Dandruff can cause hair loss in certain cases such as scalp inflammation, infected hair follicles ect however, a prompt treatment may prevent additional harm to your scalp and hair. For most people, dandruff is manageable once a simple hair care regimen is established and the right natural hair care products are implemented. If you are experiencing dandruff, try the methods above for a simple reversal. If your problem persists, do seek medical advice.Final Verdict
A flaky scalp should, in no cases, be ignored because dandruff could be detrimental to your hair growth in the long run. Haircare products that are loaded with chemicals contribute to deterioration of your scalp health. We advise you to only use natural hair products and organic hair care products; your scalp deserves them!